Thursday, February 12, 2009

Wind and Friends

So it was a very windy day in The City of Brotherly Love. People just about tumbled and whirled everywhere. As I bared the wind and fought to keep my feet on the ground, the wind pushed me into a fellow classmate of mine. We talked and chatted about school, politics, and the wind. Just as she got on the topic of Spanish dictators, a rock hit her right in the head. I laughed so hard, people on the street thought I had a mental problem.

In the midst of my laughter, the wind caused something to fly in my throat. It felt like a piece of plastic. I started coughing, and she teased and said that that's what I got for laughing at her--just then something flew in her right eye and then her left eye. She was temporarily blind and I was choking. We laughed until slobber accrued on our faces. We bumped into people as I attempted to cough up some inamnimate object and she was trying to make her eyes tear up, in order to get the dust out of her eyes. At the next light, we went our separate ways, as if nothing ever happened. Classic times with friends.

No comments: