Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A weird conversation that led to food for thought...

My riend and I decided to have a mini-study session before class. She insisted on playing some spanish music--which sounded more like french music--during our session. As we studied vigoriously, flipping through pages of notes--and even braved a few paper cuts--the only sound that was present was the sound of our fingerstips gliding across our laptops.

After a few minutes, she looks up at me and says, "Hey, have you ever seen a cat have sex?" I say, "Um, no, I have to say that I haven't. Where are we going with this?"

"Well," she says, "I was just thinking because we always hear cats having sex and we never see it. One minute they're running around the neighborhod fighting each other, and the next thing you see are kittens sprinting every which way, across the street."

"So...what? you think kittens are organisms born from some kind of supernatural force," I said. Just then, I leaned back to stretch my arms when my laptop slides off my lap. My friend catches it with her foot, it settles to the floor, and my laptop literally snaps itself shut.

Our eyes bulged out of her heads. "See...supernatural forces, " she said as she pointing towards the floor. Staring at the closed laptop on the floor, I asked, "How did we get on this topic again?"

A meow startles us causing our bodies to jolt. Her roommate, an actor, pops her in the door and says, "Guys? chill out. What's with the 'you just seen a ghost look'?" Turns out her roommate was just rehearsing for a scene that she had to perform in her class--she had to portray an animal. A cat. She closes the door, to finish her 'meow' sounds.

"Cats," my friend says. "Cats hiding their sexual desires is what started this."

No comments: